Even if they don’t understand why we do it, a dressed up pet can be the best part of Halloween. As long as you make sure to take care of their needs and that they aren’t too confined or in danger, then putting a cute little costume on your cat is a blast. Here are 7 awesome and simple cat costumes that will certainly bring a smile to your face.
- Sushi Cat – How cute is this idea? Because usually when you put clothing on cats all they do is hunker down and sit. When they do this they already almost look like a perfect sushi roll, so why not make it official and have them dress up like an adorable little sushi roll?
- Lion Mane – I don’t know if you’ve seen the inspirational meme that has a kitten looking in the mirror only to see themselves as a lion, but this is it. With a pretty simple purchase or even a quick DIY project your kitty can unleash their inner big cat.
- Pikachu – I may be a little inclined to this one because Pokemon came out when I was in high school. For some reason my friends and I thought it was the best show to watch after school. My favorite was Pikachu, the cute little yellow pal of the main character. Mostly sweet, but you wouldn’t want to mess with him. I feel like he’s pretty much just like my cat, which is probably why I was drawn to the character.
- Angel – This one is pretty perfect because our kitties are our precious little angels (most of the time, at least). And this one may be the most simple of them all because all you need are wings and a halo to pull off this look.
- Butterfly – Like the angel, this one is also ridiciously easy. I also like the imagery it brings to mind, a kitty frolicking in the grass playfully chasing and swatting at a butterfly, only now the roles have switched!
- Goldfish – Another cute play on role reversal is to dress your kitty up like a gold fish. The cat getting the goldfish is a tale as old as time, that’s why this one is really cute. Since this costume covers most of the body, it’s actually really good for cold Halloween nights to keep the heat in.
- Bat – A bat cat? Why of course! Super simple and super cute. This one really takes the cake. All you need are some bat wings that wrap around their torso and there you have it, a festive bat cat!
We still have about a week until Halloween is upon us, so there is plenty of time to get to the store and pick up an adorable little get up for your kitty. I promise, you won’t regret seeing them all dressed up for this holiday. Don’t forget to check back next week for our tips on taking the best Halloween pic with your pet!