It seems like Halloween just snuck right up on us because it is here already. If you haven’t gotten your pet costumes in line yet, do not worry it’s not too late! We have found some of the easiest pet costumes you can make right at home!
- Football: Fall is the season for Halloween and football, so why not combine them in this easy DIY pet costume? It’s especially perfect for little brown dogs; get some white hair paint or masking tape (make sure it’s actual masking tape because that won’t pull their hair). A line down the middle and a few lines for ties is all you need to make your very own football pup!
- Bride and Groom: This one is super cute if you have two pets in your family. A black bow tie on the collar of one, a little veil on the other’s head and you’ve got yourself a wedding party! For the veil you could use white ribbon and an old handkerchief, it’s that easy!
- Raggedy Ann: I love this simple idea because it’s super cute and takes very little time. Red yarn and a blue ribbon is all it takes. Tie a good amount of strands into two sections to drape over your pets head, then braid each section into pig tails, tie them off with some blue ribbon and you’re pooch makes a perfect Raggedy Ann!
- Ghost: It doesn’t get much simpler than this costume. Just like if you were to dress up as a ghost, a white sheet with face cut outs is all it takes to ghostify your fur-baby for Halloween!
- Business Dog: I really like this one, it’s takes a little bit more work, but it is worth it. Take an old collared work shirt and tie, cut off the collar and the cuffs (make sure to keep the buttons intact). Put the cuffs on their front paws, and collar with the tie around their neck to complete the business look. Make sure to keep an close eye on your pup with this costume on and take it off as soon as you get home to avoid the tie getting caught up somewhere. But this one really takes the cake when it comes to pet costumes you can make at home.
Halloween costumes don’t have to be complicated and just because Halloween is in a few days that doesn’t mean that you have to give up hope. Rummage around your closet and drawers and you are bound to find something you use for a costume!